Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day Eleven

It was freezing cold today. The lowest I saw on my car temp gauge was 3 degrees celsius, but the wind chill had to be much worse =(.

Woke up this morning, had a pretty typical start. Quizzed Hayden on his spelling words and he got every one right. I'm so glad he's doing so well. We headed out and I took him in, then Brayden and I headed back home and ate some breakfast. I checked my emails, did some laundry, cleaned up some, and sat down with Brayden and went over the baby name book again. I've already started revising my list from last night. This is going to be quite interesting, but I'll be glad when we finally decide on something. A few hours passed and Brayden and I went down for a nap. I got up about 45 minutes early thanks to the dog barking at something. I just relaxed a while until it was time to go.

I got Brayden up, got him dressed and we headed out and it felt so much colder already =/ Unfortunately, as soon as I got out of the bed hunger hit me like a ton of bricks. When pregnant, it's good to eat small frequent meals, because when you go without eating for too long you can get really lightheaded and it's a really bad feeling. I had no time to grab anything so I was hoping he'd get out quickly. Luckily I only had to wait a few minutes before he came out after I got there. We came home and I heated up some leftover pizza, drenched it in Cholula, and ate away with the rest of my liter of milk for the day. Today was my last liter of milk, so tomorrow morning I'll have to head back out to the farm. I think I'll get up early so I can empty the juice out of the other bottles and take them as well so I don't have to go so often. I made Hayden some food and then we went over his spelling words some more. As Hayden was eating his pizza, his loose tooth knocked even more loose. It was literally hanging on by just a corner. It was laying flat in his mouth when he first showed me, and I kind of freaked out and didn't know what to do lol. This was his first baby tooth he'd be losing. I tried to turn it and twist it but it was stuck on that corner. I was afraid I was hurting him, but he assured me I wasn't. I decided to let him tug it around for a while so that he could stay within his comfort zone. He really wanted it out, so I took a tooth flosser stick and started pulling on it with that, and it just came right out. He was so happy! I put it in a little snack baggy with some peroxide and hung it up until bedtime. He was so proud to have finally lost his first tooth. I had him gargle with some salt water and brush his teeth. What a milestone =)

After that, I let the kids play while I loaded my VMIS hours. As a volunteer, you sign up in the volunteer management system for the Army and you can log your hours. You get awards for so many hours, and service members can even get promotion points, so it's a good idea to keep track of hours. I am very bad at doing this, however. I had to go through my whole soccer schedule to figure out my hours, and even went back and went through the hours for t-ball from the spring. Needless to say, I had quite a bit of catching up to do. I also had to go back through my notes, emails, and calendars to figure out my hours for my FRG volunteer time. I just hit over the 300 hour mark for the year, so I'm proud of myself and happy I got it in. From now on, I will do my best to write down my times and get them in at least once a week instead of once every few months. That should make things a lot easier and not so stressful.

After that, I did some more laundry and cleaned up more. I fixed our leftovers for dinner, otherwise they would just end up going bad in the fridge. I'm really bad at that when Denton is here because a lot of the time he doesn't want any leftovers so I just end up making something else. Speaking of him, I still haven't heard from him, but I did send him a nice email yesterday to let him know how much we miss him. I don't know when he'll get to even see it, but I know it will make him happy. The kids and I played some and just hung around. Then, Hayden decided to put Harry and the Hendersons on so we sat and watched that. That was one of my favorite movies growing up, so I'm glad the kids enjoy it. After it was over, it was time for bed, so I told them to head on up. They decided on their own that they wanted to sleep in their own bed tonight. At first I was sad because that would end up with me being alone, but I like the opportunity to really stretch out I guess. They head upstairs and I followed behind with Hayden's choice of story book. It was "Questions Kids Ask." I decided to read the part explaining why baby teeth fall out and why it's important to brush your teeth to go along with today's milestone. Then, I read them a Clifford story, had Hayden put his tooth under his pillow, and said prayers before I kissed them goodnight.

facebook upload feature to work, so I was able to share it on there. I got a much longer recording and emailed it to my husband to listen to whenever he gets the chance. This one recorded much louder than my previous ones, so hopefully he'll be able to hear it better this time. I just listened to a doppler heartbeat on youtube and listened to mine and I think it's so much nicer to listen to an actual heartbeat rather than soundwaves bouncing back. I'm so glad I found this app.

Anyways, after that, I went on to this, and now I think I'm going to go play tooth fairy and then be done for the night. I'm tired and my eyes are starting to hurt. Hope I don't wake up Hayden. I will have the story in tomorrow's post.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment