Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day Three

Ugliest day yet. It was cold and rainy all day today. The only upside of all the rain is that Hayden's soccer game was cancelled today. Just to clarify, I am the coach. Normally, I am happy coaching, but this pregnancy has me super tired and sometimes irritable, so it's not the most fun thing dealing with 10- 6 and 7 year olds at the moment and also keep an eye on my rambunctious 2 year old lol. We started coaching when we first got here last year. Well, the team already had a coach, but his schedule had him miss quite a bit so my husband and I stepped in to help out. After that, we went on to coach our son's team each season. It is the Army youth sports program and 100% volunteer, and unfortunately they have to end up begging for coaches to sign up even after the start of the season just so the kids can play, so we thought we'd do our part. My husband signs up for head coach, but due to his schedule he's not always able to be there, so I am the assistant/back-up coach. This season, though, I've pretty much been head coach as my husband's schedule has had him here less than half the time, and now he's gone so it's just me anyways. I already told the guy in charge that I will not be doing this anymore. Next season I will be all big and pregnant, by myself, and I've got both kids signed up for sports. I just want to sit, watch, and enjoy for once.

Well, to start off, I again was not ready to get up this morning, but it was Hayden's picture day at school so I knew I had to make sure he was ready. Got him looking handsome and off to school and picked up the flu vaccine waiver. Glad it was as easy as last year. I was honestly prepared to ask for the withdrawal  paperwork if they said I couldn't have it! Got home, ate breakfast with Brayden, and checked to see if I won the eBay auction for Hypnobabies that I bid for last minute before going to bed last night. Didn't win, but hoping to get it somehow without paying full price! I found out yesterday my husband should start getting all the extra deployment pay soon, so hopefully that will help fund the few things I'm wanting. We weren't sure if he was going to get the extra pay as this isn't a normal deployment, so that was really good news.

As far as the things I'd like to get this time around, I really really want the hypnobabies home study course. I was all set to do it in person in my last pregnancy, but we got hit with an unexpected financial blow that no longer allowed it =/ I'd also like to get a new baby carrier which could be spendy. I also may or may not want to invest in a birth pool. I'm not 100% sure because I'm not 100% sold on a waterbirth for myself. I do have a big bathtub though, so wouldn't be opposed to just using that.

Just before noon, my fatigue had completely taken over and I decided it was a good idea to go ahead and take a nap with Brayden until it was time to go get Hayden about 2 hours later. It was really nice, and I could've slept much longer honestly. We begrudgingly got up and headed out in the rain to get Hayden. Afterwards, I head into town to finally hit the Apotheke and to the grocery store. I've been wanting since the beginning of pregnancy to get some red raspberry leaf tea to drink, but have just put it off and off. It's just something about the fact that I have to go into a German pharmacy to get it, and I get nervous when I don't know what to say or what they're saying. Of course the woman was absolutely wonderfully kind, and even though she spoke little English she was great help. I knew how to pronounce the name of the tea in German, which was the most important part. The best part was that I got quite a bit of it for only 1 euro! I was expecting to pay much more. Well, from there on I went to the German grocery in search of some good glass bottles. I am planning on going to a local farmer for some raw milk and we have to bring our own bottles and pay per liter. Did I ever hit the jackpot? I found these 1 liter glass juice bottles with a wide mouth. They are completely perfect. Most drink stores have crates you can put your bottles in to buy in bulk and make for easy carry, so I took a crate of 6. I also scored a nice big pumpkin from there for only 4 euro (about $5.51). Apparently the Germans don't know us Americans are used to being way overcharged for pumpkins in the states, so it's a steal here!

We got home, relaxed, went over Hayden's spelling words, did a little reading about the baby, and surfed the net a bit. We decided to go out for dinner since it's normally what we do after soccer anyways, and I didn't feel like going to the grocery store for dinner. Afterwards, we got back and worked a little more on Hayden's studying before he decided to go to bed. Brayden soon followed, so I took the opportunity to check my baby board and facebook. My husband called me as I was doing laundry. Our laundry room is downstairs in the basement, so as soon as I heard the phone ringing I booked it up the stairs! We talked about all the things he's had to buy since he's been out there as he seems to have forgotten quite a bit. As I told him, that is exactly why I am a list person when I am packing. Before I can even pack the first sock I have to write my entire packing list, and I can only pack a few things at a time because I have to mark off my list as I go. OCD, I know, but I tend not to forget anything that way. I typically pack for my husband when we travel, so maybe I need to stop doing that so he can get more practice in? Oh, who am I kidding, if I didn't pack for him anything he puts together could probably fit in a kids lunch box lol. We talked for about 15 minutes and then he had to go so the line could keep moving. I finished up the laundry and hopped back on the computer. I'm still so unsure of whether I'll be trying for a space a flight back to the states to visit my family next month, but it'd be really nice. Everyday I look for more and more information to try to make my choice a little easier. The only drawbacks are the uncertainties. Will I get out on my first try, or will me and 2 kids be stuck in an airport for a few days? Will I be able to catch a flight from my first destination to an airfield closer to home, or will I have to worry about being picked up or getting a rental? Will I have any issues going back? It's just so much.

Well, off to put the laundry in the dryer, and then falling over into bed.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment