Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day Thirteen

Wasn't so bad this morning. No frost, but then again I didn't take my first step outside until after noon.

Why is it that I can't seem to sleep in on the weekends? My body hates to wake up so early during the week, but then fights to stay asleep on the weekend. If only I weren't pregnant and the kids would sleep a lot longer, I would have about 1 mg of melatonin in my system on Friday and Saturday nights =P. Well, woke up this morning and just sat up in bed for a while trying my hardest to wake up slowly. Fiddled around on the computer while the kids watched a movie downstairs. After a while I decided it was time to get moving so I got up and took a shower. It was a nice relaxing shower- the kind where you turn it hot enough that it's almost too hot but feels so refreshing, and then just sat there for a while lol. It made me think of a hot tub. Hot tubs are my absolute favorite, but I've found Germans don't really understand what a hot tub is. Every hot tub I've been in in Germany, other than the one at the American resort, is more like a warm bath. It's better than the pool of course, but it's just not good enough. I like it to where I have to slowly dip my toes, then feet, then bottom half of legs and so on until my body adjusts and I can finally relax. German hot tubs just leave me wanting =/

Finished my shower, got dressed, and came down and we all had some breakfast. I got a call from the lady whose dog I'm sitting and she said she'd be by soon. Apparently she got in late last night and decided to wait until today to pick her up- I wish just glad nothing happened because where she was it was already snowing. We cleaned up a bit and relaxed a little until Coco got picked up. Hayden was begging all morning to go to the store so he could buy a new toy with his tooth fairy money, so we left soon after Coco left. We browsed around a little and finally made it to the toy section. He actually found a toy that he really loved that cost exactly $5, so it worked out perfectly. Lucky for us, we don't have sales tax on our purchases, so no need to worry about that. I got 2 things for the house, and we were out. My neighbor was running an XBOX Kinect tournament in the PX mall, so we stood out there and watched for a while. I knew there was no way I was going to compete because the game they were doing was too difficult and the high score was way too high. I did, however, stick around for the trivia giveaways she was doing. I ended up guessing right and won a free kinect game that the kids (Hayden at least) will love, and a t-shirt (that I will love to sleep in =D). After that, we headed home, ate some lunch, and just relaxed. Hayden put on the Pirates movie again, and Brayden and I passed out on the couch while watching. We were sooo tired. We ended up being at the PX for quite a while. I woke up to the wonderful sound of my phone ringing and was so happy to hear my husband's voice again. He had some downtime so decided to call. We went over a few baby names and actually decided on a few we both like, but the list is still open, and no boy middle names yet, but progress has been made! I made it clear to him that he needs to be thinking about it as much as he can, because if he leaves before this baby is born, it's all up to me whether he likes it or not. Hayden got to tell him about his proud purchase with his tooth fairy money as well.

Afterwards, I decided to get started on dinner- sliced backed sweet potato rounds with some EVOO, salt, and brown sugar, and some cheese ravioli. I knew it was going to take a while, so I called my day whom I hadn't talked to in a while and caught up. After that, dinner was finally ready, so Hayden and I ate while Brayden still slept. Brayden decided to wake up after we were done and then he ate a little. I called my mom to catch up with her as well and we talked for about an hour. It's really nice to talk to family when you're so far away from them. I'm glad I have a family I actually like talking to at least lol. By the time I was done, Hayden was passed out on the couch. I still had to put Shrek's bedding stuff in wash, so I did that and hung out with Brayden while I waited. Then, for some reason I decided to break out the old COD MW1 for the PS3 and give it a whirl. It was my favorite for the longest time, and then we switched to XBOX. I don't know why, but I play much better on the PS3 than the XBOX. Well, that got boring real fast, so I cleaned up from dinner and threw Shrek's stuff into the dryer. This is his last night here. I did my best to explain to Brayden that he will be leaving for good tomorrow, and he begrudgingly yet sweetly accepted. He is Shrek's

Well, it is way late, I've unfortunately got to get up early in the morning to prepare for Shrek's new family's arrival, so I'm turning over and falling asleep.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment