Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day Seven

Another sunny day in Bavaria, but no chance to enjoy it. Hayden's cough was worse last night and I had to end up getting up in the middle of the night to help him out. He's sleeping with me, so that didn't help my sleeping at all. Brayden was pretty unphased, however.

When I finally got up in the morning, I made everybody breakfast of some chicken soup with veggies, herbs, and lots of garlic. I made sure the garlic was nice and sliced up in Hayden's soup so it was hidden enough for him to eat it. I don't imagine a child would want anything to do with eating whole cloves, not mine at least. I downed a few whole ones myself though so I can hopefully prevent from catching his nasty cough. 2 tsp fulls of Hyland's Cough and Cold with 4,000 IU of vitamin D, clementine, herbal tea with organic honey, ice water, and some natural cough drops with echinacea got his day started. I spent most of the day doing laundry, dishes, and regular cleaning while I let the kids chill out with whatever made them happy indoors. That pretty much included playing with toys and watching some movies. Hayden usually does best to get over his colds with little physical activity, so it was a good thing this was a weekend so he could get as much rest as possible. I'm not so sure he'll be going to school tomorrow, however, but we'll see in how tonight goes. He's been passed out for about a half an hour now and no coughing yet, so hoping for the best.

I also took the advice of my husband and downloaded IOS 5 onto my iPhone, although I don't really care what 's on my phone. I'm happy the way it was, but he's sooo enthusiastic about it while at the same time bummed because he has no way of upgrading his phone. He said he wants to mail it to me and have me do it for him, but that seems like a total waste of time to me. That's just me, though. I did get kind of stuck at one point today with it and I think it was because Brayden decided to unplug it and I think he did before it was finished because when I plugged it back in all seemed fine until I got to this one page and it just kinda stuck loading there for hours and hours. I even ended up joining a Mac Forum to post on to get help. No one answered so I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and wouldn't you know it worked. It started up the restore again and went right on through. While it's done, and I did read through the new benefits, I still don't know what it does now that it didn't before and like I said don't really care, but I'm sure I'll have some kind of "ah hah" moment soon. It's currently in the process of putting all my apps back on the phone. It was really frustrating because Denton is the one that always does these things for me, so I was literally clueless. It took quite a bit of Googling throughout the process to make sure I was doing it right.

Anyways, I made a quick trip to the commissary for some thing for tonight's dinner and some breakfast and snack items for the week. I also had to run to the PX to get some more Hyland's Cough and Cold and more cough drops. That stuff is good, but it sure doesn't last. I got two bottles just to be safe. We got home, immediately washed all our hands, and I put the groceries away. It wasn't much long after that Coco arrived. I've been dog sitting here for over a year now, and Coco was one of my first little customers. She's a long-haired chihuahua, and the kids really love her. She has a big crush on Denton and usually doesn't leave his lap when he's home. She'll be here with us for a week while her mommy is on vacation at Edelweiss. It doesn't pay much, but it's more of a hobby type thing I started because we didn't have our dog at the time and we really love dogs. We've watched dogs of all sizes, and the kids really enjoy it. I no longer advertise my services because I thought I'd settle down a bit with it, but I still get my repeats that come back now and then and I welcome them happily. It was really hard in the winter because the snow piles up all winter long and our fence is not very high, so I ended up having to dig a perimeter all the way around the yard so the dogs weren't able to just walk on over. It was very very hard work, and I am not doing that again this year, because there's no way I could keep up with all that shoveling.

After we got her settled I went ahead an cooked dinner. I kept it pretty easy since it was already so late: chicken tenderloins in a pan with some EVOO, black beans, and brown rice. My mom called while I was cooking and we caught up an each end. The kids talked a bit, but Hayden really doesn't like to talk on the phone for some reason- he never has. BraydenBrayden stayed up and ate some clementines with me and played with the dogs a bit before passing out on my lap. I guess it's about time for me to go ahead and put the food away and get to bed myself. I didn't hear from Denton today, so once again I'm assuming now's when I don't know when I'll hear from him again because they've moved. I just pray he's safe and in good hands.